According to my beliefs, a loved one who has just passed away will be quite anxious to let us know that they're okay and aware of what's happening in our lives. If we aren't able to feel them around us, they'll often give us a "sign" that we can't ignore. The person who has been given a "sign" often knows the message is coming from the other side. Even if we dismiss it, that little voice inside will make us wonder.
Here are the ten most common "signs of spirit," or signs from the deceased, that people receive from loved ones who have passed away.
Top 10 Signs a Deceased Loved One Is Trying to Contact You
- Sign: Electricity Manifestation: Flickering lights or appliances that switch on and off Message: Spirit is present
- Sign: Fragrance Manifestation: Familiar to deceased, including perfume or cigar Message: Spirit is present
- Sign: Animal Manifestation: Insect or bird, including ladybug, butterfly, or bird. Message: Loved one is not alone
- Sign: Object in path Manifestation: Feather, coin, rock, or clothing Message: Possible symbolic message
- Sign: Number Manifestation: Repeated on clocks or billboards Message: Contact through anniversary or special number
- Sign: Dream Manifestation: Vivid, logical dream Message: Words, objects, or telepathy
- Sign: Thoughts Manifestation: Spontaneous thoughts Message: Personal, meaningful words
- Sign: Watchfulness Manifestation: Feeling of being watched Message: Ongoing love and protection
- Sign: Songs Manifestation: Music played in visited places Message: Lyrics that convey a significant message
- Sign: Buzzing Manifestation: High-frequency sound in ears Message: A signal to look at surroundings for message
1. They Love to Play With Electricity
Playing with electricity seems to be one of the most common "signs of spirit." It is an easy way to grab our attention. Spirits like to flicker lights, turn the television or radio on and off, or make appliances beep for no apparent reason. Our loved ones have the ability to interfere with light and electricity because they're now pure energy. They can manipulate appliances, TV, microwaves, etc. Most of the time they just want to make us aware that they're with us.
If your television turns off or on for no apparent reason, start investigating the reason behind it:
- What show or channel is on? Is it a favorite show of your loved one? Is the radio playing their favorite song?
- When the lights flickered, what were you thinking about? Were you thinking about your loved one? Sometimes that thought can be an acknowledgment or even confirmation that your loved one is near.
2. They Give Off Fragrances
We can often tell our deceased loved ones are around us when we smell their scent: perfume, flowers, cigar or cigarette smoke, or any other smell associated with them. There may be no logical explanation of why the smell is there. This "sign" can sometimes seem confusing. As humans, we remember how our loved ones smell. We remember a distinctive cologne or perfume they enjoyed, or even the scent of an activity they performed. If your loved one used to work with cars and, out of the blue, you smell motor oil, try not to be scared. Instead, say "Hi!"
3. They Visit Through the Energy of an Animal
Our loved one is able to use their energy to go inside an insect or animal—such as a butterfly, ladybug, bird, or dragonfly—for a brief period of time. The animal will do something it usually wouldn't do, such as land on us, peck at our window, look at us, or scream at us. Unfortunately, this is a sign some people ignore. Our loved ones may try to communicate with us in every unimaginable manner. By using these symbols, they're sending us a message without trying to scare us. They're letting us know, "I'm with you. You're not alone!"
4. They Place an Object in Our Path
Our loved ones like to place objects in our path that are significant to just them—perhaps over and over again. Coins, feathers, keys, and rocks are a few of the most common objects they might leave for us.
How can we find the meaning in these small gifts?
- If you find a coin in your path, look at its year and see if that year is important between you and your deceased loved one.
- If you find a rock lying in the middle of your bed, or you find your loved one's shirt in an odd place (that's not where you placed it before), this could be a sign from the other side.
- Try not to be scared and instead, say "Hi!"
5. They Show Us Numbers
Our loved ones might show us numbers that are relevant to them or to you. It could be a birthday, an anniversary, the date of their passing, the time of their passing, or even repeating numbers such as 111, 222, 333, etc. These numbers may appear on clocks, billboards, or any other familiar place. They can also come from family, friends, or even strangers.
- When driving, pay attention to license plates in front of you and billboards you pass by. Some of the best signs of numbers can come from bumper stickers sitting right in front of you. If you detect a pattern and believe your loved one is communicating with you, take comfort in knowing that they are with you.
6. They Visit in Dreams
One of the easiest ways for our loved ones to communicate with us is through our dreams. A dream that is a true visitation will be very vivid, peaceful, and detailed. We will remember this type of dream many years later. There are a few characteristics you can analyze after having a spiritual visitation dream.
- It will be very vivid.
- It will be in color. Sometimes it can be in black and white with color being in the form of your loved one's clothing or something they are holding for you to see.
- It will be logical and have some sort of message, either in the form of words, physical objects, or even telepathy.
- You may feel confused upon waking up. You will feel happy, peaceful, or even fearful about what you experienced. (Fearful maybe from never experiencing such a dream before.)
All we need to do is to ask our love ones to come, and they will. We can also ask them to wake us after they visit and to help us remember the dream.
7. They Place Thoughts in Our Minds
Our loved ones don't have an audible voice because they are in spirit form. Therefore, they give us messages telepathically. Pay attention to thoughts that just “pop” into your head. If something your loved one would say just comes to you for no apparent reason, it's probably him or her speaking directly to you. This form of communication is a true blessing! Sometimes it doesn't have to be a particular thought, it can come when the lyric to a song "pops" into your thoughts. Songs and music, like dreams, are universal methods of communication. Listen for the thoughts or songs. You'll know when they're not yours.
8. They Watch Over Us
Many of us have felt this one! It is possible to pick up on spiritual energy, especially when we're relaxed. When we're in the beginning stages of grief, we have a keener ability to "feel" our loved one around us. There's good reason for this. It simply isn't true that death is final. We may continue to feel our loved one's presence after their passing because they are still very much around us. In the deepest grief, they will try to find a way to let us know they're with us. When we feel like we're being watched, we're being protected and watched over. Above all else, we're still being loved. We're never alone!
9. They Make Songs Play at the Perfect Time
We know our loved one is around when their favorite songs come on at just the right time with the exact words we need to hear. Often the same song plays in many different places.
- Train yourself to listen to the music overhead in department stores, grocery stores, or even when you're walking into a restaurant.
- When you're driving and turn on the radio, what song is playing?
- When you're watching TV, what song comes on at the beginning or ending of a movie you're watching?
- When you're cleaning, turn on the music and see if a message is being delivered.
If your loved one loved music, this too can be an easy form of communication.
10. They Buzz in Our Ears
Because our loved ones speak to us using a different, higher frequency, we may hear ringing in our ears when they're trying to get our attention. This is a signal to look for a message.
- Look at your surroundings—is there something significant to notice? A sign on the side of the road? A bird flying by? A particular cloud in the sky?
- Are you reading a book, newspaper, or searching on the internet for something? Did you get the ringing in your ear(s) as you read a particular sentence? Re-read that sentence and look for a message.
- Maybe the ringing in your ear is after a particular thought—this could be a sign of validation from your loved one.
Some Final Thoughts
This list could certainly go on, but these tend to be the more common ways our loved ones let us know they're around us.
If you haven't received any of these signs, you can ask your loved one to come and let you know they're okay. Ask them to come to you in a dream or visit you in the form of butterfly. Ask them to come to you in the form of an animal. Then be aware of the message when it's given to you. Remember though, your loved one may appear in many different ways: books, newspapers, Internet sites, etc.
The more we're aware of the messages and acknowledge them when they arrive, the more our loved ones will continue to communicate with us. Be patient and persistent. As much as we want to communicate with our loved ones, they too want to communicate with us!
Has A Deceased Loved One Visited You In A Dream? What does it mean?
What are visitation dreams and why do we have them?
This kind of dreams are called hyper-intensive dream where you see a deceased soul or your loved one. People who have these dreams claim that the dream was so intensive like it is reality and could remember vivid details.
For those who are opened and aren’t afraid of the experience of this kind can find the answers, closure or insight to that soul in real life.
Visitation dreams are possible because in sleeping state our five senses and ego are having rest. In this condition we are able to tap into the sixth sense and intuition in order to allow this communication to happen.
On the other hand, when awake, most of the people just disconnect to their spirit and block coming intuitive information.
Besides that, a lot of people are unable to define relationship with the “source” and “freak out” so they aren’t opened to hear and understand messages or see visuals.
There are three reasons why these dreams happen:
-A soul needs closure and express feelings to get the answer or resolve something that happened in real life;
-Your loved one recently passed. The purpose of his or her presence in you dream is to show you his or her soul is fine.
-A ghost visits you just to visit. That happens when death person is on your mind so he or she pops up in order to show you presence or make your memories of them stronger. These dreams also happen to people who are grieving and the ghost is sending you a message that everything is okay.
How to make a difference between visitation dreams and common dreams?
The main characteristic of real visitation dream is that it involves clear communication from beyond the physical. This kind of dream even doesn’t have to be in words and it is often completely telepathic.
Presence of the spirit in your dream will clearly and to the point convey the appropriate message.
Visitation dream isn’t long. It is often simple, to the point, it is powerful and incredibly real and then it is gone.
In these dreams you will feel true visitations from the special spirit and deep in your heart you will know the dream was a real communication.
On the other hand, common dreams are easy to forget and a true visitation dream is real and vivid and you will remember it for the rest of your life.
It is important to know that you don’t have always visitation dream even if you see your death ones there. In order to make the difference between common and visitation dreams you should think of your dream as a movie.
The subconscious mind is a director that selects who plays each role. For example, that can be a role of a victim so maybe your loved one who died was once a victim in some situation. Or your mind asks for a role of a parent so you feel the presence of your death mother or father.
Your subconscious considers all the people you have known during your life and even those that you consciously can’t remember any more and selects those who are the best actor for specific role.
Sometimes the actor is alive and sometimes is death person. The point is to have “the best person for the job”.
Characteristics of true visitation dreams
You will make the difference between true visitation dreams and common ones if you know the following:
Visitation dream brings the feeling of reality and is very vivid.
Compared to common dream, you will remember visitation dream for days very clearly and probably till the end of your life.
Simply, if you aren’t sure if the visitation dream was really a visitation dream, then probably that wasn’t a visitation dream. This dream looks so real and vivid that you will be 100% sure you had it.
The soul that visited you in a dream will be completely healthy and will behave in a loving manner. It is rare to see it in sick or injured condition in real visitation dream. It will never be depressed, punishing, disappointed or angry. It will be “perfect” because it is reconnected with God/Source energy.
When the spirit communicates with you no matter if it does verbally or non-verbally, it isn’t because it wants to engage in idle “chit-chat”. Your deceased loved ones come to your dream always with a purpose to convey a clear message and then to go.
No matter if it communicated to you verbally or non-verbally, the soul that visited you will communicate very clearly.
Usually the message you get from the death visitor has the characteristic of “reassurance”. The soul comes to let you know it is fine and it wants you to be happy. Rarely it will come with a warning, but if that happens the soul will give you loving support and you will feel reassured by its presence.
After this kind of dream, when you wake up you will always feel love and peace.
What to do after the visitation dream?
In order to interpret the dream in a right way it is important to write down all the details you remember. It will be useful when looking back at your spiritual growth.
The next thing is to analyze the dream. Did you see some key insights or assurances to questions you had? Ask yourself if you can find rest knowing your deceased loved one is fine?
We are complex beings and we have to be aware that our layers of emotions get jumbled with the ego.
You shouldn’t be afraid of these dreams. Try to be open when visitation dream happens and that will lead to the right understanding of signs our deceased ones are sending.
Souls sometimes come to our dreams to show us there is life after death where others return as a spirit guide.
Remember that all the answers are within you and your intuition. You are the only person who can interpret the meaning of the dream and the presence of the ghost you saw there.
Visitation dreams are incredibly real, simple with the clear message sent by our deceased loved ones. In the most of the cases that communication is focused on reassurance, healing, forgiveness or your loved ones want to tell you they are ok.
It rarely happens, but if they have some warning for you, it will be also to the point and backed with reassurance and feeling of love and support and you will be filled with those feelings after you wake up.
You will be aware that you’ve been visited by your loved one who is a spirit now.
These are signs that you had a real visitation dream and that your deceased loved one is fine sending you reassurance, love and support beyond the physical.
An Angelic Prayer for the Healing of Grief
(From our book 365 Prayers to the Angels)
An Angelic Prayer for comfort in time of loss. For those who have lost loved ones and are in need of healing and peace.
May your heart be comforted and lifted by this Angelic Prayer!
please, help my loved ones who have passed away to have a smooth and peaceful transition back home to heaven. Help me remember them with love and gratitude rather than with pain and despair. Please, relieve the pain caused by their deaths. Fill my void and heal my grieving heart. Help me regain peace and joy in the knowledge that their souls sweetly rest in the arms of heaven’s angels. Please, let them know that they are infinitely loved and shine my endless love upon their souls.
Read next —> Pick A Message From Your Loved One In Heaven
Please Note: this article has been re-posted without prior written consent by the original Author. Link to the original article and site can be found above this disclaimer. If you are the Author of this post and you think that we are not re-posting it under the realm of 'fair-use', please contact us email@example.com
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.