How do you energetically ground yourself?
Grounding is a process of energetically anchoring your body to the earth. Not only does grounding allow you to connect with your spiritual essence, but it also has significant benefits to your physical body and emotional body as well. This blog post shares with your four quick and easy ways to energetically ground yourself.
The Benefits of Grounding Yourself Energetically
The benefits of grounding are numerous. When you do not energetically ground yourself you pick up or absorb the thoughts and feelings of your surroundings that do not belong to you; which can leave you feeling off-balance and anxious. This is a primary concern of empaths, energy healers and workers, and intuitives.
Grounding benefits the physical body as well.
Recent breakthroughs in medical science has shown that grounding calms your nervous system, which supports your heart rate, blood pressure, immune system, as well as releasing neurochemicals into the bloodstream such as serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. These neurochemicals are often called the happy chemicals; and their function is to support your emotional and mental well-being.
Recent discoveries in medical science have also shown that grounding acts as a anti-inflammatory, and it helps to thin your blood. This is important since inflammation is the root cause of most disease. [Article link: Boost Heart Health Through Grounding]
“Inflammation thrives when your blood is thick and you have a lot of free radical stress, and a lot of energetic charges in your body. Grounding effectively alleviates inflammation because it thins your blood and infuses you with negatively charged ions through the soles of your feet.” ~ Dr. Stephen Sinatra, M.D.; Medical Advocate and Pioneer on the benefits of grounding.
Symptoms of not being grounded:
• Feeling ‘spaced out’, confused, not with it
• anxiousness, worry
• frequently dropping things, or bumping into things
• fear, insecurity
Symptoms of being grounded:
• Peacefulness, calmness
• clarity, and clear mindedness
• feeling connected with the earth
When is the best time to energetically ground yourself?
Due to the effects not only on the spiritual body, but also on the physical and bio-energetic bodies, energetically grounding should become a normal part of your daily routine.
However there are other times when grounding is important as well. The best time to energetically ground yourself is just prior to as well as after performing any energy healing work, bodywork such as massage, kinesiology, or any other hands-on healing work, as well as intuitive work such as channeling, mediumship, and other forms of psychic divination.
It is important during such practices to not pick up energetic messages from the person in front of us, otherwise the information the practitioner is trying to pick up will be misguided, conflicted, and not in alignment with your true knowing.
Four quick and easy ways to energetically ground yourself:
1. Walk barefoot. Walk barefoot on natural substances such as grass, bare soil, or sand (beach). This practice infuses your body with negatively charged ions which benefit and support many systems in the physical body.
2. Drink water. Drinking 8 ounces of clear water shifts your higher consciousness by gently bringing your focus back into the physical body.
3. Imagine standing in wet sand. This visualization has a soothing effect on the mind and body, and has been shown to be a quick and effective way to instantly relax and center you; as well as improve your overall well-being.
4. ‘Namaste’ prayer hands technique. This is one of my favorites. Raise your hands from the sides of your body over your head as you inhale through your nose, touch your palms together in prayer position, and then slowly exhale through your nose as you bring your hands down in prayer position in front of the heart. This simple act balances both hemispheres of the brain, as well as connects and grounds you into the earth.
When the heart is at ease the mind and body is at ease.
Energetically grounding yourself is a perfect way to not only tap into higher intuitive knowing, but is also beneficial for a healthy and vibrant physical body. Claim and take charge of your own energy starting today by making it a part of your daily regime.
Subscribe to We Are Human Angels
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox