What is your greatest fear? What makes your heart beat fast, your hands sweaty and your mind spin? What triggers your anxiety?
Almost everyone has at least a couple of fears. Some fears are small, while others are big and strong.
The strong fears are infused with a power so great that they overpower even the strongest and sanest of folks.
A person who is normally composed can turn into a nervous wreck when in the grip of fear. Rationality and logic vanish and no amount of reassurance from people helps.
As a child, my greatest fear was that I would lose my mother. I had an irrational and almost obsessive fear of losing her. It was so strong that I would cry in fear if she travelled without me or left me alone with other family, especially at night. This fear of losing a loved one is quite common among people.
Some other common fears include
- Fear of death
- Fear of illness
- Fear of being harmed
- Fear of darkness
- Fear of travelling
- Fear of failure
- Fear of ghosts
- Fear of abandonment
- Fear of flying
This list is practically endless. If you ask everyone you know about their fears, you will come across a variety of fears, some of which you can’t even connect with! But that is the nature of fear. It is most often irrational and imaginary. This is different from the kind of fear you feel when faced with a truly dangerous situation. However, being in dangerous situations is certainly not an everyday occurrence.
This kind of logical thinking does not stop us from being fearful! So, how can we help ourselves when we stand face to face with our fears?
Here is a technique that can help you when you find yourself in the grip of irrational fear
- Sit or lie down comfortably.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Feel your fear in all its intensity. Do not be afraid of feeling the fear. For instance, if you are afraid of an illness, feel the fear and all the scary details your mind projects about this illness. Don’t worry, this will not manifest the illness. Since the intention behind feeling the fear is to release the energy associated with it, know that you are safe.
- Now bring your awareness to your body. In which part of your body do you feel the effects of this fear? Do you feel tightness in your solar plexus or chest? Or do you feel heaviness in your head?
- Once you locate the part of the body in which the fear manifests, place one of your palms on that part.
- Give a shape and colour to this fear. Go with the first image that comes to your mind. Do not analyse. View this image in your mind’s eye.
- Now stretch your other hand, with the palm facing up. Request Archangel Michael or any other Spirit Guide you are comfortable working with to place their palm in yours.
- Feel the powerful energy emanating from this fearless being. Breathe in and absorb some of his energy.
- Now feel the power of your own being. You are inherently powerful. The scary voice in your head that makes you feel weak and fearful is the voice of the Ego.
- With this awareness of your power, see yourself blowing the symbols Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen, Sei Hei Ki and Cho Ku Rei to the image of the fear you hold in your mind’s eye. Third level practitioners can also use the Master Symbol.
- See the symbols flying towards the image of the fear and attaching themselves to it. See the fear being enveloped in a ball of light and being transmuted into power and love.
- Do this for as long as you feel like. If you feel weak or powerless while in the midst of the process, remind yourself that Archangel Michael (or your Spirit Guide) is with you. What is there to fear when you are in the company of such powerful beings? They are there to assist you and help you recognise your own power. So, take their help.
- Once you feel peaceful, thank Archangel Michael (or your Spirit Guide) for their assistance.
Do this process whenever you find yourself in the grip of irrational fear. It may need to be done several times, often over months, before the fear is healed fully. You may also receive intuitive messages about other steps you can take to help with the healing. Cord cutting is particularly useful to heal deep rooted fears.
Your fears can be healed. You are much more powerful than any fearful projection of your Ego. You just have forgotten how powerful you are and it is now time for you to remember it!
source Reiki Rays
Subscribe to We Are Human Angels
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox